Yep, today is my 27th birthday.
It seems pretty crazy but exciting at the same time as I go into my second year of full time farming.
We are living in a time where there are a ton of people becoming first generation farmers, which I think is something to laud and applaud. Starting anything from scratch is tough! I have always felt incredibly lucky to have grown up on the farm. I got to experience so many great things and enjoy food the way it is supposed to be - fresh from the field.
So for your viewing enjoyment I pulled a few pictures from the past 27 years of being a farm kid.
But first....self gifting! I love to self gift because it always fits just right and it's always the right color!
This Years Self Gifts:
- Joules Navy Floral Rain boot: Welly's are a must on the farm and why not have the cutest ones!
- Necessities Day Spa (if you're in NJ) or OCCO Skin Studio (if you're in SC): a little eye brow wax and tint action and maybe a pedi too! Totally obsessed with both day spas!
- Preserving by the Pint by Marisa McClellan: Even though this canning cookbook is geared toward very small batch canning and I have an almost unlimited supply of lots of canning material...like peaches for example...I still am super excited to check out Marisa's new book!
- Boulder Band Headbands: I discovered these little beauties from a friend who recommended them on Facebook....they are truly the only headband that stays on your head! Amen!
- And....maybe a new pair of Nano's for CrossFit.
|my boulder bands|
|mom and i in the greenhouse|
|yes, we had a lamb living in our house for the first month of her life|
|i love my hair in this picture|
|i've been thinking of getting back in the saddle this spring|
|yesterday in the greenhouse - way over shot lighting but i kind of love it|
Happy St. Patrick's Day to You and Happy Birthday to Me